Tuesday, December 7, 2010

So much for a shorter backswing

My golf swing experiment proved to be a bit of a disaster. I was keen to see how a shorter backswing would give me more control and equal distance. As it turned out, I lost the plot completely.

I blame the driving range. The driving range at the Taiping Golf Club in Malaysia didn't open until 11am that day whereas I had a 10am tee-off time. As a result, I had no practice whatsoever on my new golf swing.


My concentration was focused so much on my shorter backswing that I forgot about other important aspects. I found I was getting very little height, including a couple of mean grass-cutters.


It was only on the back nine that I was able to find some sort of rhythm but I'm sure a 100 balls at the driving range beforehand would have had me better prepared. Ah well.


My best holes were bogey at a par-five and par-three, without going too much into detail about the plethora of embarrassing momemts stemming from my all-conquering shorter backswing.


Still, I intend to persist. Hopefully, I can get another round in before the end of the year, this time with loads of practice. I WILL master this backswing business.

No comments:

Post a Comment